Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Dusky_Myzomela - Myzomela obscura

Click to see with Light box




Dusky_Myzomela - Myzomela obscura
© NF Photo 140911 at a lunchbreak in a village, Mt Molloy, Queensland

These birds maked me crazy. So hard to ID. I think and hope this is the same bird on all images. But there was also Brown Honeyeater present. And hard to catch really as they moved around quickly in the Albizia silk tree among those beautiful flowers.  

If I´m wrong, please let me know.

Learn more about Dusky myzomela on wiki

Linking up with: WBW   Flower Friday

Photo gallery 1
Comment form for visitors outside GOOGLE
Find the birds with Etiketter - Labels- Tags at the bottom of this page.
Labels:  , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

9 comments:

  1. those stunning birds against those amazingly vivid flowers. I almost don't care what they are, they are just such fantastic images to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. There are so many birds even in my own country that I haven't seen or eveen heard of!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same problem in Thailand. Seems like all the birds I saw were some form of black bird and very hard to tell apart. I am thinking this fella should snatch one of those feathery flowers and wear it ... bet you could tell him for the others then :) Beautiful flowers and cute birds ...

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful images! The bright pink is a perfect foil for the dark of the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!:)Exquisite images! So, so beautiful!:) The lovely Albizia silk tree blooms are the perfect background for the Dusky Myzomela.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A bird I have never seen. I think you have it right. The Brown Honeyeater seems to have a shorter beak. Coincidentally in my bird bible it is even feeding from the same tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When i first visited Sydney a long time ago, the birds at once caught my attention as there are so plenty with wonderful colors. I love most the ordinary gallah and the rainbow lorikeets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your captures are gorgeous! the bird and flowers are enchanting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Splendid shots - got some good views of this species recently - but no pictures worthy of that name!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to comment on my posts. :)