Saturday, May 6, 2017

Great Crested tern and Lesser Crested tern

Click to see with Light box






Great Crested Tern - Thalasseus bergii - Tofstärna
Lesser Crested TernThalasseus bengalensis - Iltärna
© NF Photo 140917 MICHAELMAS CAY, Cairns.   Queensland, Australia

These birds look cool. I did not realize there was two species at first and so  had some trouble to ID them.  I like their hairdo :)  I have no idea of what species the little one belongs to. It seem to have glasses on and just about to clap it´s "hand´s", Very cool :)

Hm, don´t think that is a Silver Gull after all. :)
Learn more about Great Crested Tern and Lesser Crested Tern on wiki.


 Linking up with: Saturdays Critters

Find the birds with Etiketter - Labels- Tags at the side of this page.
Labels:  , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 comments:

  1. It is always fun to see gulls and terns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting photos, some more birds that are new to me.
    All the best Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic captures of terns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW how wonderful to see them together like this, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, the terns are one of my favorite bird species. Great captures. I was away for two weeks and I am so sorry to be late commenting and visiting your post. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to comment on my posts. :)