Saturday, August 29, 2015

Far Eastern Curlew - Numenius madagascariensis

Click to see with Light box

 Far Eastern Curlew - Numenius madagascariensis
© NF Photo 140907, The Esplanade, Cairns, Queensland

A beautiful bird I had not expected to see that far south. 

Learn more about  Far Eastern Curlew in wiki

Linking up with Bird D´Pot 

 
Photo gallery 1
Comment form for visitors outside GOOGLE
Find the birds with Etiketter - Labels- Tags at the bottom of this page.
Labels:  , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

  1. I honestly think their beak/bill is LONGER than ours here in America!! Wow. And such curvature.

    Thanks for adding your link to this incredible post at I'd Rather B Birdin' this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Curlew is an awesome bird! I would love to see one here. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to comment on my posts. :)